approach increases our responsibility to the community. UNIQA and its
predecessor companies can look back on 200 years of tradition. From the very
beginning, we have had firm roots in the community. We still follow this path,
and will continue to do so in the future.
Our commitment to the community ranges from long-term
sponsorships to support for individual projects with which we identify on
account of our corporate values.
Language skills are at the heart of the “Sag’s multi”
campaign (roughly translated as “Be multilingual”). The multilingual speech
competition for schoolchildren from the seventh year upwards is organised by
the Wirtschaft für Integration (Business for Integration) association. Because
we are convinced of the above-average potential of young people from a migrant
background, UNIQA is the chief sponsor of the competition. Information
available at: www.sagsmulti.at (German only).
More than 400,000 people in Austria have special needs and
therefore rely on aids that make their everyday lives easier. In collaboration
with the ÖAR (Österreichische Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Rehabilitation –
Austrian Working Group for Rehabilitation), the umbrella organisation of the
Austrian National Council of Disabled Persons, UNIQA has launched a competition
for students to find the most creative and customised technical solutions
possible for special needs. The goal of the competition is to promote the best
possible care for people with special needs.
Sponsorship of outstanding sportsmen and
women is already firmly ingrained at UNIQA. There is a good reason for this –
namely that sport is a source of fitness, resilience, well-being and health.
Successful sportspeople are an example to us all and help exert a positive
influence on the general health of society as a whole.
Our commitment is focused very strongly on
- Alpine skiing: as general sponsor of the Austrian Skiing Association, with direct support for world champion Marlies Schild and world champion and Olympic gold medallist Benjamin Raich. We also place great emphasis on up-and-coming talent.
- Handball: as sponsor of the Austrian national men’s and women’s teams
UNIQA also sponsors the country’s biggest
golf tournaments for both men and women.
The second pillar of our sponsorship activities is
culture. This is another area in which UNIQA has a long tradition. To us,
culture means creativity, skill, emotion, dedication and team spirit. These are
all values that are also reflected in our corporate culture.
- Austrian museums, such as the Albertina, the Belvedere, the Kunsthistorisches Museum (Museum of Art History) and the Technisches Museum Wien (Vienna Technical Museum).
- The Grafenegg Music Festival: with its international flavour and the high quality of its performances, the Grafenegg Music Festival is a perfect fit for our identity as a European group with Austrian roots. We have sponsored the event since 2007.
- Plus the Salzburg Festival´s children`s and youth program: since 2014 UNIQA supports the Salzburg Festival’s children’s and youth program. With selected musical theatre productions, we wish to awaken a young audience’s enthusiasm for the arts, embedding the support for younger generations in the Festival’s long-range programming.
Naturally, our sponsorship activities are not
restricted to Austria.
UNIQA also cooperates with famous sporting figures
(“Faces for UNIQA”) in the eastern and southeastern European markets, thereby
helping to raise the profile of the successful UNIQA brand in these important
target regions. UNIQA osiguranje has sponsored the Croatian national handball
team since 2010, in addition to its support for Slovak slalom specialist
Veronika Zuzulová, Polish national handball team coach Bogdan Wenta, Serbian
basketball legend Aleksandar Đorđević,
Montenegrin water polo player Nikola Janović and world-class Bulgarian athlete
Ivet Lalova. Elsewhere in sport, in 2010 UNIQA Biztosító supported the largest
amateur sailing competition on Lake Balaton,
which took place for the fourth time last year.
Besides our sporting activities, we also support
children’s projects in Montenegro
(Komanski Most) and are involved internationally in sponsorship of the arts.